Russians strike at Ukrainian dams and transfer military from Syria to Ukraine: military news for September 21
At the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, power was again cut off due to shelling, and an ammunition plant will be built in Ukraine according to NATO standards.
Today is the 210th day since the beginning of the war. According to operational information General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine of Ukraine as of the morning of September 21:
- Over the past XNUMX hours, Russian forces have inflicted 8 missile and 35 air strikes, made more 120 shelling from multiple launch rocket systems against objects on the territory of Ukraine. As a result of shelling by Russian troops, the infrastructure of more than 50 settlements was damaged, among them: Oskol, Slavyansk, Seversk, Aleksandrovka, Soledar, Bakhmut, Bolshaya Novoselka, Vremovka, Vugledar, Stepnoe, Zaporozhye, Nikopol and Ochakov. With strikes on the city of Nikolaevka, the Russians tried to hit Slavyanskaya TPP.
- During the day, Ukrainian troops repelled attacks by Russians in the areas of the settlements of Vesele, Kurdyumovka, Nikolaevka Vtoraya, Bakhmutskoye, Zaitsevo, Mayorsk, Pervomayskoye, Maryinka and Novomikhailovka.
And yesterday at the General Staff statedthat the leadership of the Russian Federation decided on the withdrawal of units of the 217th Airborne Regiment from the territory of Syria and their further preparation for transfer to the territory of Ukraine.
According to Institute for the Study of War:
- Russia's annexation of occupied Ukrainian territory through "referenda" would broaden the domestic legal definition of "Russian" territory under Russian law, which allow the Russian military to legally and openly use conscripts, already in the Russian army, to conduct combat operations in the east and south of Ukraine.
- The Russian-appointed authorities in the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions announced the formation of “volunteer” detachments to fight against Ukraine together with the Russian military.
- Ukrainian forces continued to thwart ongoing Russian efforts to restore land lines across the Dnieper River in the Kherson region.
- Russian Forces May Target Ukraine's Hydrotechnical Infrastructure in the Kharkiv and Lugansk regions to threaten Ukrainian positions along the Seversky Donets River.
Ukroboronprom, together with a NATO member, will build an ammunition plant
In "Ukroboronprom" сообщилиthat the concern, together with a NATO member country, is building an ammunition plant. The relevant agreement has already been signed by the parties. This will be the second defense enterprise, on the construction of which international agreements have been reached and an appropriate agreement has been concluded. Ammunition will be produced there by NATO standards.
Ukroboronprom also stated that the enterprises of the state defense industry are working around the clock on the production, modernization and restoration of the required weapons. And one of the enterprises of the Concern received the right to carry out demining and other operations with explosive objects on the territory of our state.
The UN published data on the death of Ukrainian civilians in the war
February 24, 2022 to September 18, 2022 Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights fixed 14532 civilian casualties in the country:
- 5916 people died in total: 2306 men, 1582 women, 156 girls and 188 boys, as well as 35 children and 1649 adults, the sex of which is not yet known;
- total injured 8616 people: 1810 men, 1327 women, 187 girls and 259 boys, as well as 217 children and 4816 adults, the sex of which is not yet known;
- in Donetsk and Luhansk regions 8222 victims: 3540 killed and 4682 wounded;
- in the territory controlled by the Ukrainian government, 6527 civilian victims of war: 3171 killed and 3356 wounded;
- in the territory controlled by the armed forces of Russia and associated armed formations, 1695 victims were recorded: 369 killed and 1326 wounded.
The report notes that the real numbers could be much higher as there is a delay in obtaining information from some areas where active hostilities are taking place, and many reports still need to be confirmed.
Situation by regions of Ukraine
controlled part. Due to shelling Kurakhovo, which occurred that night, 12 people were injured, including 2 children. Presumably, one more person may be under the rubble of a residential building.
And in the Volnovakha district, villages were fired upon. Free Field Burlatskoe and Novoukrainka. Bakhmut, Seversk and Torets were also shelled, while people were not injured.
Uncontrolled part. Shot in the morning Gorlovka.
Dnipropetrovsk region. Over the past night due to shelling Nikopol more than 20 multi-storey and private houses were damaged, as well as cars, gas pipelines, power lines, a bakery, a kindergarten, a library and shops. 1 civilian was injured.
Zaporozhye region. Shots fired last night Zaporozhye. A hit on an infrastructure facility is reported, but without details.
Also at night again fired at the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant: communication equipment of one of the power units is damaged. Because of this, the block transformer and auxiliary transformers of the power unit were disconnected and an emergency start-up of two diesel generators took place to continue the operation of the fuel-cooling pumps. About an hour after the incident, power was restored.
The Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant was also shelled yesterday afternoon: the infrastructure and the cooling system were also damaged.
Kharkiv region. Because of the shelling by the Russians dams of the Pechenegsky reservoir on the river Seversky Donets in the region there was a threat of flooding downstream of the river. In this regard, local authorities urged citizens to prepare essential items and be ready to evacuate.
Also, Kharkov was shelled at night, as a result of which 2 houses were damaged and 1 person was wounded.
And as a result of yesterday's rocket attack on the village Grushevka Kupyansky district, 2 people were killed, 9 were injured, among them 4 children.
We previously published military news for September 20and also published key points from Putin's speech in which he announced the mobilizationand explanation of the details of mobilization in the Russian Federation from Shoigu.
Did you like the material? Give him 5 stars. This is important for editors.
Partial mobilization and the goals of the “special operation”: the main thing from Putin’s appeal about “referendums” in the “LDNR”
Ukrainian refugees in Poland will not be able to avoid double taxation and will pay taxes retroactively: details
Another massive shelling of Ukraine: explosions are heard in Zaporozhye, Cherkasy, Odessa, Kharkiv and other regions (updated)
Beware of the car: the number of fatal accidents has risen sharply - both drivers and pedestrians are urged to be extremely careful on dark roads
Ukraine-Russia negotiations: Zelensky speaks of futility, Macron asks to sit down at the negotiating table, Blinken speaks of disinterest
The Russian Federation launched a missile attack on the largest mining and metallurgical complex of the country, in Russia explosions were heard at two airfields at once: military news in Ukraine on December 5
Temporary protection or refugee status? How to apply, what are the differences and how to exercise your social rights in the host countries