Hidden mobilization in Russia: where and in what regions of the Russian Federation are recruiting volunteers for the war in Ukraine
There is no official mobilization in the Russian Federation yet.
In Russia, the recruitment of volunteer battalions for the war in Ukraine continues. We tell you how, in which regions they are recruited and who these units will consist of.
In the Russian Federation, individual military experts and public figures periodically declare the need for general or partial mobilization, but in Russia this issue has not yet been raised at the official level.
At the same time, in June the State Duma even adopted amendments to the legislation on mobilization in the Russian Federation, according to which the set of measures taken when announcing general or partial mobilization is determined regulatory legal acts of the President of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation.
The announcement of mobilization may have been controversial among Russians, but Russia needs to replenish its armed forces and find reserves to rotate, given the protracted war. The network writes that people with combat experience in the past began to receive summons from the military registration and enlistment offices. However, at the same time no one is forcibly mobilized, and in the country they began to actively look for contract soldiers and popularize joining volunteer battalions. It is reported that if earlier on the contract they recruited mainly those who came on their own, now calls can be made, which also does not lead to mandatory mobilization.
And in the cities there are tents near the mobilization selection points for military service, where you can get advice on voluntary entry into the army. In fact, they can be considered as mobile recruiting offices.
Note that the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation refutes the presence of covert mobilization.
Serious financial backing
Mobilized citizens can receive good material support for their service: on average, offer payment from 200 thousand rubles per month. For comparison: in May 2022 in Russia, the average wage was 62 457 rubles.
In some regions, they even put up flyers describing the benefits of contract service.
In what regions are they called?
On According to Institute for the Study of War (IIW), the most active volunteers are now recruiting:
- в Ingushetia - the 503rd motorized rifle regiment was recreated there, where shooters and driver-mechanics are recruited,
- в Dagestanwhere they are looking for specialists in explosives;
- в Stavropol и Krasnoyarsk region, where they are looking for UAV operators with a readiness for long business trips;
- в Khanty-Mansiysk district, Voronezh и Smolensk areas form volunteer battalions.
Volunteers are offered a semi-annual contract, according to the IIV, and depending on the region, they can be paid between 100 and 250 rubles a month ($1650-$4130). Recruit men from 18 to 50 years.
On According to Russian media, the formation of volunteer battalions also produced according to the principles of the community:
- в St. Petersburgwhere volunteer detachments Kronstadt, Neva and Pavlovsk were created exclusively from the inhabitants of the city;
- в Yakutia - the Bootur detachment, which includes drivers, mechanics, air defense gunners and machine gunners;
- в Tatarstan - battalions "Alga" and "Timer", in Chuvashia - communications battalion "Atal", in Primorsky Krai - motorized rifle company "Parma" and tank battalion "Hammer", in Bashkiria - two motorized rifle battalions;
- в Krasnodar region volunteer battalions are formed on the basis of the Kuban Cossack army;
- в Chechnya the recruitment of volunteers on a national basis began even before the start of the nationwide recruitment. 4 battalions were formed there: "North-Akhmat", "South-Akhmat", "West-Akhmat" and "East-Akhmat";
- the first seen in Ukraine was a battalion from North Ossetia-Alania "Alania", formed Alan Mamievwho fought in the “Vostok” battalion of the “DPR” in 2014; in 2022, the battalion fought in the Zaporozhye region;
- are also recruiting volunteers Buryatia, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, Nizhny Novgorod, Amur, Tyumen, Leningrad, Kursk, Omsk, Irkutsk and other regions of Russia.
In general, about 40 volunteer battalions were formed in the country. Volunteers sign an official contract with the Ministry of Defense for a period of several months.
Note that Russia does not officially disclose its losses in this war. However, such a massive all-Russian recruitment of volunteers may indicate that it Not everything goes as planned in the beginning.
Previously, we wrote that The Pentagon found a hidden way to send troops to Ukraine, and told that Russia may arrange a "vote at home" for the accession of Ukrainian regions.
Subscribe to our news in Google News
Did you like the material? Give him 5 stars. This is important for editors.
Not contractors, but "assistants": the Pentagon has found a way to send the military to Ukraine, but covertly
The fight against collaborators in the ranks of the patriots: Smeshko was accused of working for the Kremlin
The situation in Bakhmut is deteriorating, and there will be no heating season in Slavyansk: military news for August 8
Dismantling of the "Motherland" in Kyiv: the Ministry of Culture commented on the fate of the monument
Ukrainian professional football is under threat: what leads to the decline of a previously successful sport
Heating will be on wood, but the situation with light is stable: Shmygal gave a forecast from the Cabinet of Ministers
When Ukrainians will be given light for a long time: Ukrenergo was pleased with the forecast after the impact on November 23
While Ukrainians are at the front, Tupitsky, Tymoshenko's son-in-law and company are having fun in Vienna
"Agreement" of China and the United States deprived Ukraine of the MiG-29 at the beginning of the war? Journalists reveal new details of military supplies from Europe
Russia launches nuclear missiles, trying to "deceive" air defense, experts predict an attack on Crimea, and first light was given in Kherson: military news on November 26
Importing electricity from Europe is not a panacea: why Western aid will not save Ukraine from darkness
RosTV is arguing about Zaporozhye, and at this time they plan to create a safe zone over the nuclear power plant
Without light, without heat, and with the horse prices for gasoline? Will generators affect the cost of fuel in Ukraine
Not by washing, but by rolling: Poland calls for a "comradely trial" over Germany, which does not want to pay reparations